Solihull Striders & Strollers
Solihull Striders and Strollers is coordinated by Solihull Active, leisure services team at Solihull Metropolitan Borough Council. Visit our website by clicking here.
We have walks at location across the whole borough of Solihull.
The walks are usually around 1 hour in duration, though most offer a shorter walk of around 30 minutes. There is always a very welcome cup of tea or coffee on return, as well as the opportunity to chat and make new friends.
The walks offer a range of routes exploring the local surroundings, environment and wildlife. The scheme also offers track based walks for both less able walkers and faster walkers. The track enables you to walk continuously at your own pace on a safe surface. Current dates, times and addresses can be found by clicking here
Walks take place at the venues listed below:
- Castle Bromwich Library, Castle Bromwich
- St. Andrew's Church, Chelmund's Cross, Chelmsley Wood
- Seeds of Hope, St. Barnabas Hall, Kingshurst
- North Solihull Sports Centre, Chelmsley Wood
- St. George & St. Theresa's Church, Dorridge
- Shirley Library, Shirley
- Elmdon Park, Elmdon
- Balsall Common Library, Balsall Common
- Tudor Grange Leisure Centre, Solihull
- Marston Green Library, Marston Green
- Hampton Health Club, Hampton in Arden
- Marie Curie Hospice, Solihull
- Hob's Moat Library, Solihull
- Bosworth Community Centre, Chelmsley Wood
The walks are all led by trained volunteer walk leaders; their help and support are key to the success of the walks. Our walkers keep on coming, so they clearly find them very worthwhile! More help is always needed, so we are on the lookout for new volunteers to ensure that we go from strength to strength.