St Monica Trust Walking Groups
St Monica Trust works with people 55+ and local communities to facilitate inspiring social activities that enrich lives, reduce isolation and loneliness and encourage active participation.
|Walk name||Route options available||Length (hours)|
|St Monica Trust 'Stroll 'n' Chat' Level 3 Group Bedminster & Southville|
St Monica Trust 'Stroll 'n' Chat' Group Level 3 Bedminster & Southville
|St Monica Trust Stockwood Railway Path Walk for over 55's|
St Monica Trust Stockwood Railway Path Walk for over 55's
|St Monica Trust Stroll 'n' Chat Level 3 Walking Group Knowle|
Stroll 'n' Chat Knowle
|St Monica Trust Victoria Park Healthy Walks Level 2|
St Monica Trust Victoria Park Healthy Walks
If you are looking to join a fun, friendly group of social walkers, our groups are for you.
Our Walks are:
• FREE to attend, unless otherwise stated
• Grade 1 Between 10 - 20 minutes on easy terrain
• Grade 2 Between 30 - 60 minutes on moderate slopes, steps, uneven surfaces
• Grade 3 Between 45 - 90 minutes on steeper slopes, steps and uneven surfaces
• Set at a easy to moderate pace and covers a variety of distances depending on the level of the walk
• The Walks are led by qualified volunteer walk leaders
The walks are varied with some local and further afield. The level and conditions of the walks are indicated in the walk programmes via a key. We like to stop for refreshments at a cafe during or after walks when possible.
The walk leaders will set and maintain a pace which they feel is appropriate for the group and route. If you find it is too fast you can slow down and walk at a pace that is comfortable for you.
As we do have several walking groups that take place across the Bristol area please refer to the walking programmes that we have attached to this page for more information and details on individual walks.