Become a Cascade Trainer
Purpose of the role
- Determine course content and materials within our national guidelines
- Determine the sequence of topics and agenda for the sessions, ensuring that time is managed effectively on the day
- Agree ground rules in collaboration with participants at each session
- Gather input and feedback for development of future course content
- Have an awareness of the importance of evaluation, monitoring and feedback
- Use the latest course materials set out by Walking for Health
- Edit walk leader participants online after courses have run
- Deploy various teaching methods and tools to get the best out of attendees
- Maintain the interest of the group
- Frequently review the material, and any updates, so that the training provided is current
- Be an advocate for Walking for Health by sharing our vision, promoting our objectives and talking in a knowledgeable, friendly, welcoming and empowering way
- Deliver a minimum of two volunteer walk leader training courses per year
- Deliver all training sessions to a minimum of five volunteers and a maximum of fifteen volunteers.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with a proven ability to relay information, clearly and confidently
- Professional, but friendly and approachable, manner
- A flexible approach to learning
- Good time management and organisational skills
- A commitment to learning and development
- Ability to manage a group of diverse people, including resolving conflict
- Ability to create a safe learning environment
- Ability to motivate learners and encourage active involvement
- Keep up to date with training materials and developments
- An excellent understanding of Walking for Health, its aims and objectives
- A good understanding of health and wellbeing
- Keen interest in supporting volunteer learning and development
- Experience of facilitating small to medium groups
- Experience of delivering local or regional training
We're not currently accepting any applications for new Walking for Health cascade trainers.
Over the coming months we shall be reviewing the walk leader and cascade training processes.
We will advise you of any updates in due course. If you have any questions regarding training please contact Natalie Raperport – Training & Quality Assurance Manager.