Communicating to your walkers
It is important that existing and new walkers know that the programme is suspended. To help you communicate this, we have some things in place:
- We have added a banner to our website. This will show on all pages, including your scheme page.
- Please can you update your own scheme page to reflect that all Ramblers Walking for Health walks are suspended. You can find some guidance on how to do that in the Scheme Zone of the website here.
- You can keep up to date with Ramblers walking guidance and FAQs on the website here.
While group walking is not an option right now, there are plenty of other ways for Walk leaders and walkers to make sure they keep active over the coming months.
- We have shared this before but there are a wealth of resources from Sport England on staying active indoors.
- AgeUK have great ideas for those who are building up their strength and fitness.
- This Girl Can has some specific exercises to do in the home
- Joe Wicks has started some free exercise routines. Check out Part 1 and Part 2.
So many walkers benefit from the social connections made on walks and keeping physical distance from others increases the chances of someone feeling or becoming isolated.
There are ways that groups can remain connected while remaining safe and protecting others. Whatsapp groups, facebook and zoom are all great ways to keep connections going.
Stories from you: Walking in Bristol
A scheme in Bristol have produced this fantastic video showcasing one of their walks and some of the amazing benefits some of their walkers have experienced. You can see the full video here. “I was stuck in at home, I didn’t do much, anxiety affected me, now I feel part of something”
“I look forward to coming every Wednesday”
“I feel more energetic in the week”
“My walking has improved”
We continue to run regular website updates to ensure it is kept up to date and secure. These updates are tested before they go live but, if you notice that anything isn't working as it should, please let the team know via email@example.com
Share Your Story
If you have any feel good stories, any examples of things working really well, any achievements or accomplishments in your scheme, please let us know. Send any news to firstname.lastname@example.org - we look forward to hearing from you and speaking to you soon!
How are you keeping your walkers active during Covid-19?
If you have any stories or examples of how your walk leaders and walkers are staying active we would love to hear from you so we can share those ideas with all Ramblers Walking for Health Schemes. Please send any ideas or examples to us via email.Best wishes
Ramblers Walking for Health Team
Ed, Emily, Lucy, Paul and Alice