Could you host a regional development officer?
Published: 4th April 2012
The Ramblers is seeking expressions of interest from organisations to host a Walking for Health Regional Development Officer.
Following the divestment of the national centre of Walking for Health to the Ramblers, in partnership with Macmillan Cancer Support, we are pleased to invite Expressions of Interest from organisations interested in hosting a Walking for Health Regional Development Officer.These officers' main work will be to provide a link between the national centre and local Walking for Health schemes, in particular by providing support to scheme coordinators across the defined areas below, piloting new ideas and ensuring that Walking for Health is delivered consistently. We are looking for organisations with at least:
- A strong commitment at all levels to public health and the delivery of physical activity interventions
- An existing successful Walking for Health Accredited scheme
- A commitment to work in partnership with the WfH national centre
- An enthusiasm to support and trial new pilots that will extend the profile and reach of WfH, including those that seek to improve physical activity and care pathways
- A commitment to provide a welcoming, inclusive working environment
- An appreciation that the post holder will have duties across a wide geographic area
- The ability to host an officer from June/July 2012 until April 2015, providing the necessary office infrastructure – namely all IT support and services, including a desk and internet enabled workstation, access to printer for occasional printing & storage space of c. 2m3. Any costs associated with this provision are to be met by the applying organisation.