Goto Scheme Chelmsford Heart and Sole
Day: 3rd Sunday of each month
Meet: Car park by Hanningfield Reservoir Visitors Centre, Hawkswood Road, CM11 1WT
Description: This walk runs on specified dates during the spring and summer months. The route follows even paths through the pretty wooded Hanningfield Reservoir Nature Reserve. In the spring you can hope to see a beautiful blanket of bluebells. The walks breaks half way at the Fishing Lodge for refreshments before heading back to the Visitor Centre. The Essex Wildlife Trust request a small donation to of £2 for use of the facilities.
- Buses: Buses do not run to this area on a Sunday.
- Bicycle: Cycle in by road. Cycle parking by the Visitor Centre.
- By car: Free Parking in the Visitor Centre Car Park (includes Disabled Parking)
- Toilets: Visitor Centre and Fishing Lodge (with disabled Access)
- Refreshments: Available to purchase from the Fishing Lodge and the Visitor Centre gift shop who offers light refreshments.
Hanningfield Reservoir Visitors Centre, Billericay, Essex, CM11 1WT
This is the list of the available walk options, to join the Walk select a date in the calendar below
|3rd Sunday of each month at 1.30pm|
May be muddy
Rest stop available
Car parking nearby
Walk of special interest