Goto Scheme Chelmsford Heart and Sole
Meet: On the Plaza at the start of Bell Meadow Park adjacent to the back of Marks and Spencer on New London Road
The walk follows the paved paths alongside the river through Bell Meadow and Central Park. There are good views of one of the oldest public parks in Chelmsford as well as Marconi Ponds. A perfect walk for beginners, usually taking just 30 minutes.
- Buses: Chelmsford Bus station (all main bus routes)
- Bicycle: There are well marked off road routes from Writtle and the town centre
- By car: Parking is available in the town centre e.g. the market multi-storey, Meadows, Coval Lane, Meteor Way, and Fairfield Road. Disabled Parking near the start in Bellmead.
- Buggies/Wheelchairs: This route is paved with a couple of moderate slopes and no stairs.
- Toilets: In the town centre and at ‘Cake on the Lake’
- Refreshments: There are plenty of local cafes in the town Centre.
Fairfield Road, Chelmsford, Essex, CM1 1JG
This is the list of the available walk options, to join the Walk select a date in the calendar below
Public transport accessible
Car parking nearby