Get Wiltshire Walking
"Get Wiltshire Walking" is a Public Health funded project which aims to ensure every community within the county has access to a FREE weekly led walk.
Walking is the lowest risk of all physical activities yet produces massive benefits to physical fitness and mental wellbeing.
This is a great way to explore your own local area and can be a really excellent way to make new friends and learn more about your immediate community.
Currently there are 29 groups throughout the county with another 4 coming on line in October 2014 and there is no limit to the number of groups you may attend.
Each walk has its regular starting venue on the same day and time every week.We try to vary the routes each week but standard walks will last around an hour and 15 minutes.
Starter Walks last aroun d 30 minutes and are on flat stable terrain.
Walk-Fit walks are 45 minutes long and are ata brisk pace designed to get the heart and lungs working harder.
After the walk many groups then sit and have a coffe and chat together.
Providing you are independently mobile and able to meet the physical demands of the walk everyone is welcome
Unfortunately we cannot permit dogs on the walk.
- Melksham (meet at the Tourist Information Centre) SN12 6LS on Mondays at 9.30am
- Melksham Starter Walk (meet at Christie Miller SN12 6QY) Thursdays at 10.30 am
- Chippenham (meet at Monkton Park) SN15 1ER on Tuesdays at 9.30am
- Calne (meet at CalneTown Hall car park) SN11 0EN on Thurdays at 9.30am
- Calne starter Walk(meet at Town Hall car Park)SN11 0EN on Wednesday at 10 am.
- Corsham (meet at the Town Hall SN13 0EZ) on Wednesday at 9.30am
- Warminster (meet at Tourist Information centre BA12 9BT) on Tuesdays at 9.30am
- Westbury (meet at New Leigh Park community Centre BA13 3FN on Thursdays at 9.30am
- Westbury Fit Walk (meet Leigh Park community Centre BA13 3FN)
- Tisbury Fit Walk (meet Tisbury leisure Centre SP3 6HU)
- Tisbury starter walk (meet Leisure Centre SP3 6HU).
- Wootton Bassett (meet at the Town Hall Museum SN4 7AU) on Mondays at 9.30am
- Amesbury (meet in Bonnymead recreation ground car park SP4 7HD )on Tuesdays at 9.15am
- Amesbury Starter walk(meet amesbury Library)Tuesday 10am
- Pewsey (meet at Pewsey Surgery) SN9 5AQ on Thursdays at 9.30am
- Cricklade (meet at Town Council Offices) SN6 6AE on Fridays at 9.30am
- Cricklade Walk fit (meet at Cricklade leisure Centre)Tuesday 6.30pm
- Cricklade starter Walk(meet town Hall Offices) SN6 6AE on Friday at 10am.
- Malmesbury (meet at jackdaw cafe SN16 9BZ)on Monday at 11.45
- Durrington (meet at Durrington pool) SP4 8HH on Tuesday at 11.30am
- Devizes (meet outside Bear Hotel) SN10 1HS on friday at 09.30am
- Ludgershall(meet in St.James Street car park) SP11 on Tuesday at 09.30am
- Bradford-On-Avon (meet outside Tourist Infomation centre BA15 1DE)at 09.30am on Wednesday
- Trowbridge (meet at wiltshire Council Ofices,County Hall BA14 8JN,reception area)on Wednesday at 09.30am
- Shrewton-meet at British Legion car park Tuesdays 9.30am
- Ramsbury-meet at the Tree in the square-Thursdays 9.30am.