- Find your local walk scheme
- Get walking
- Keep walking
- Running health walks
- News & Events
Could you host a regional development officer?
Published: 4th April 2012
The Ramblers is seeking expressions of interest from organisations to host a Walking for Health Regional Scheme Development Officer.
Following the divestment of the national centre of Walking for Health to the Ramblers, in partnership with Macmillan Cancer Support, we are pleased to invite Expressions of Interest from organisations interested in hosting a Walking for Health Regional Scheme Development Officer.
These officers' main work will be to provide a link between the national centre and local Walking for Health schemes, in particular by providing support to scheme coordinators across the defined areas below, piloting new ideas and ensuring that Walking for Health is delivered consistently.
We are looking for organisations with at least:
- A strong commitment at all levels to public health and the delivery of physical activity interventions
- An existing successful Walking for Health Accredited scheme
- A commitment to work in partnership with the WfH national centre
- An enthusiasm to support and trial new pilots that will extend the profile and reach of WfH, including those that seek to improve physical activity and care pathways
- A commitment to provide a welcoming, inclusive working environment
- An appreciation that the post holder will have duties across a wide geographic area
- The ability to host an officer from June/July 2012 until April 2015, providing the necessary office infrastructure – namely all IT support and services, including a desk and internet enabled workstation, access to printer for occasional printing & storage space of c. 2m3. Any costs associated with this provision are to be met by the applying organisation.
The national centre will fund all the costs associated with this post, with the exception of those outlined above. The Ramblers will hold direct employment liabilities associated with this post, with the exception of any insurance liabilities associated with the office base – which will fall to the hosting organisation.
We are seeking two organisations to work with, particularly in locations with good transport connections across 1) South West England, East Midlands and West Midlands 2) the North West, North East and Yorkshire and Humber.
Please respond outlining how you meet or go beyond the criteria on no more than one side of A4. It should be signed by a Senior Representative from within your organisation and sent to email@example.com before 1 May 2012.